Deus Ex Mankind Divided MOD: Hardcore Revival
The MOD Hardcore Revival is a mod which tries to improve the
of Deus Ex Mankind Divided.
This isn't a visual mod and it doesn't
change how the game looks visually.
The mod Hardcore Revival 1.012 for Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Here are the changes made by the version 1.012 of the mod
Hardcore Revival to DXMD's gameplay :
1) Items :
- Effects changed for some items (Ex: Amount of energy
recovered by the biocells).
- Inventory mod: Size, stacking and price of the items changed.
- The amount of spare parts needed to craft multitools, biocells, mine
devices, thyphoon ammos,...
- The blurred vision effects after drinking a beverage now last only 3
2) The weapons :
- The base characteristics of the weapons have been
changed (Damage, reloading time, recoil, rate of fire, range).
- The weapons customizations (How many spares parts are needed and how
much their capacity are improved).
- The weapons mods (Scope, Silencer,...) : What bonus and malus they
give to the firearms.
- The visual (text) stats of the weapons have been changed so they
match the weapons' real characteristics (Now what you see is what you
3) Augmentations :
- The mod changes how many praxis are needed to enable
Adam Jensen's augmentations.
- Some main augmentations are now disabled at the start of the game but
can be enabled with praxis kits later.
- The rebreather augmentation now doesn't consume energy anymore.
4) Experience points rewards :
- The amount of xp received by the player for completing
quests, for winning or losing conversation battles or for performing
actions like knocking out enemies, hacking computers or consoles,
reading notebooks or exploring secret areas has been changed. The mod
makes the experience points system more balanced.
More details about the mod
Hardcore Revival 1.012 is a complete inventory mod : All
playable items and weapons have been modded, including the special EMP
ammos and DLC weapons.
- The items stack more so you can carry more of them in your inventory,
which make the inventory management easier.
- The weapons take a little more inventory space so you can take less
of them in the inventory (But for the players who dislike this, there
is an optional version of the mod where the weapons have their original
To give an example, now ALL ammos stack up to 500 and the items to 50
(Instead of 200 and 25).
For the weapon modifications, not only their base stats have
been modded but also their customized stats too.
Some examples of the changes made :
- Fully customized, the revolver's magazine can now contain only 7
bullets (17 wasn't realistic IMO).
- Otar's custom Revolver is now a little bit more powerful.
- The mod changes the Côte d'Azur Combat Rifle (which was pretty
useless) into a powerful weapon.
- The Devastator Shotgun is a little more powerful now (as the Armor
Piercing ammo for the Shotgun are rare).
- The Tranquilizer Rifle has now a better range so the player can use
it to snipe some enemies NPCs at the top of the Atrium in the Dubail
- The Elite Zenith Pistol's damage has been nerfed so it is equal to
the normal version of the Elite Pistol.
- Customizing the Elite Combat Rifle now require a lots of spare parts
(as fully upgraded, this weapon is very powerful).
- When equipped with a silencer, the Lancer Rifle's power has been
nerfed (Originally, only the visual stats was changed).
Now for the augmentations :
- The radar augmentation is disabled at the start of the game but can
be enabled with praxis kits after the prologue (When Jensen visits
- The health regeneration aug is disabled as well (and like the radar,
it can be enabled later by spending praxis kits in it).
- More praxis kits are needed to unlock Jensen's best augmentations and
That said, for most augmentations, the increased cost in praxis kits
isn't that big, excepted for a few augmentations which break the game's
economy (like the dissassembler aug added by one of Deus Ex Mankind
Anyways, the mod makes it impossible to unlock all praxis kits in one
playthrought so the players have to choose what augmentations they want
to enable, depending on their playstyle.
To unlock everything and make Adam Jensen "complete", you will need to
start a party with the New Game + mode.
As for the experience rewards :
Even if Deus Ex Mankind Divided is more balanced than Deus Ex Human
Revolution, its gameplay still favors players who play stealthly,
non-lethally and use the hacking augmentation.
The mod Hardcore Revival 1.012 tries to fix that by changing the amount
of xp received by the player.
A few examples below :
- The player gets less experience points if he hacks than if he uses a
password or a code to unlock a console or a computer.
- You get the same amount of xp whether you win or lose a conversation
battle. Want to be a Jackass like JC Denton ? Yes, you can (Now ;).
- The xp rewards for exploring "secret" areas has been severly nerfed :
Now you will get barely no xp at all to crawl through vents and tunnels.
- The "Merciful Soul" bonus awarded for incapaciting enemies instead of
killing them has been severely nerfed. Now you will be way less
penalized for playing lethally.
Now about the level of difficulty : The Mod Hardcore Revival
1.012 for Deus Ex Mankind Divided increases a little the game's
difficulty, but don't worry, it won't make the game unplayable. Far
from it (It is still too easy IMHO :).
1) The mod increases the game's difficulty by making fighting
and stealth a little bit harder :
To play without the wayfinder radar makes the game more
interestic as you can't see the enemy NPCs on it on the HUD map and
sometimes you think you have cleared the zone and... no, you didn't
eliminate all enemies (Too bad). Of course, for those who want it, they
can enable this augmentation after the prologue (That requires 6 praxis
kits as this augmentation really makes the game easier).
Starting the game without the health regeneration enabled also makes
the game harder and if you enable it after the prologue, you lose 3
So if you do enable both theses augs after the first visit to Vaclav
Koller, as you progress throughout the story, you will miss 9 praxis
kits which you could have used to enable other augmentations. And also
because the augmentations cost more. And for some areas which are
packed with enemies, you may miss these augs.
2) The game makes also the gameplay more challenging by
altering the economy :
- Now, it is more complicated to get rich easily and to
customize the weapons (You will have to work harder to get theses 4
praxis kits from Tars).
Here is how it was achieved :
- Most items cost less credits (To counterbalance the fact that you can
carry more of them). A few of them cost more.
- The base weapons cost more credits and when they are customized they
cost a little bit less than before while the price of very rare weapons
- The hypo-stimjectors, painkillers, biocells and beverages recover
less energy and health points : So you need to consume more of them
(and this way, you can't sell them).
- More spare parts are needed to craft items with the
augmentation and to customize weapons, so during combat your arsenal
will be a little bit less powerful. That coupled with changes to
weapons (including non-lethal ones) increases the game's challenge.
- The dissassembler augmentation which allow to break items into spare
parts now costs 9 praxis kits : It is the augmentation which cost the
most now. Not only did this augmentation broke the game's economy, it
also broke the game's pace : After every fight with enemy NPCs, you
would just have to drop your weapons out of the inventory, grab the
enemies' weapons, break them in machine parts, take back your weapons
and when in the Prague Hub, sell the parts to the black market
merchants and get a tons of credits.
This is the reason why I made this augmentation require so many praxis
kits to be enabled : Because the advantage it gives to the player is
way too big.
In summary, this mod makes the game harder mainly by balancing
more its gameplay and by pushing the player to do more choices.
Mod Hardcore Revival 1.0 (Original version of the mod)
This is a video presentation of the old version of the mod. It
just changes the augmentations, limits the number of items which can
be carried by the player (As contrary to the version 1.01 and 1.012 where the player
can carry a lots more items), and it
modifies the amounts of xp rewards the player receives when he completes
missions and do various actions like knocking out npcs.
Download the MOD Hardcore Revival for Deus Ex Mankind Divided
the mod Hardcore Revival 1.012 on Nexus.
the mod Hardcore Revival 1.012 on Moddb.
NB : The installation instructions are contained in the mod's
Others pages of the site dedicated to the game :
to mod Deus Ex Mankind Divided (Texts and videos).
Return to the
presentation page of Deus Ex Mankind Divided.